Our Twitter feed
includes snippets from our blogs, the occasional reference or catalog question from the circulation desk, curious bits of information from reference librarians elsewhere.
MAGAZINES, NEWSPAPERS AND JOURNALS
ISSUES AND CONTROVERSIES
DICTIONARIES AND GENERAL ENCYCLOPEDIAS
REFERENCE | TRAVEL | HOW-TO
- Oxford Dictionaries Pro Large English dictionary, thesaurus, writer's tools, Spanish, French, German, Italian dictionaries. Click "log in" which is in the upper right corner, then look down the right column for the place to enter your library card number.
- The great OED Click "sign in" which is in the upper right corner. This will bring up a popup with a place for your library card number.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica
- Britannica editions in French, Spanish, Korean, Japanese and Chinese
- World Book Info Finder
COLLEGE AND CAREER
- Several hundred Volumes from major publishers. Includes Eyewitness travel guides and "For Dummies" instruction books. Each article, or chapter, can be downloaded as either text or mp3 and you can download many articles in a single session.
- Oxford Reference Hundred of classic reference books. Look down the left for "log in with your library card", click on >, put in your library card number.
- Career Guidance Center
college planning and financial aid, internships, apprenticeships and summer jobs, solid, reliable information on résumé preparation, cover letters and interviews.
- Testing and Education Resource Center materials to help you study for well over 60 exams required for secondary schools, college admission, graduate schools, the military, or a variety of jobs
- Mango and Little Pim for practicing over 50 languages, as well as encyclopedias in Spanish, French, Korean, Japanese and Chinese.
- Image Quest copyright is cleared if you are using the images for educational purposes.
We have an extensive collection of reference sources in print, including many beautiful, new, just-plain-fun-to-read, multi-volume sets. They fill an entire room. Please come in and browse.
Remember: the content of these books is copyrighted, and for most you will not find any equivalent on the web.