What are we doing on the desk?
Our Twitter feed includes the occasional reference or catalog question, as well as blog snippets.
MAGAZINES, NEWSPAPERS AND JOURNALS
ISSUES AND CONTROVERSIES
DICTIONARIES AND GENERAL ENCYCLOPEDIAS
COLLEGE AND CAREER
- Several hundred E-Reference volumes from Gale, Scribner, Macmillan and other publishers. Each article, or chapter, can be downloaded as either text or mp3 and you can download many articles in a single session.
- Oxford Reference Look on the left for "login with your library card"
- Career Guidance Center
college planning and financial aid, internships, apprenticeships and summer jobs, solid, reliable information on résumé preparation, cover letters and interviews.
- Testing and Education Resource Center materials to help you study for well over 60 exams required for secondary schools, college admission, graduate schools, the military, or a variety of jobs
- Mango and Little Pim for practicing over 50 languages, as well as encyclopedias in Spanish, French, Korean, Japanese and Chinese.
- Image Quest copyright is cleared if you are using the images for educational purposes.
We have an extensive collection of reference sources in print, including many beautiful, new, just-plain-fun-to-read, multi-volume sets. They fill an entire room. Please come in and browse.
Remember: the content of these books is copyrighted, and for most you will not find any equivalent on the web.